[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 - Comments on sections 1 and 2

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, fantasai wrote:

>>> I think this should also apply to the 'time' type (and perhaps
>>> others). It would basically be nice to be able to say 'whole hours
>>> only'.
>>
>> "Whole hours only" is an integer. Just use that. :-)
>
> It's an integer mod 24

No, it's just an integer, if you're just asking for a number of hours.

> and the UI in some locales (such as the US)
> should be mod 12 with am/pm switches.

If you mean "what hour of the day", then could you show me a site that
uses such a field?

> wrt "expdate": Shouldn't you call it 'month', to be consistent with
> 'week'? Naming it after credit-card expiration dates seems wrong, imo.

I don't think I've ever seen it used for anything else.

>>> required attribute applies to all controls except radio buttons
>>> What about radio buttons in sets where none of the buttons are marked
>>> as checked? I really think this should apply to those as well.
>>
>> The problem is, which control do you put it on?
>
> any?

Ok so what's the processing model? Which control gets the invalid event?
Which control is marked as having non-zero validity?