[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 comments

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:39:43 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, fantasai wrote:

> Is that because the fixing is taken out of your time or because you're
> fundamentally opposed to making changes that don't hit your arbitrary
> magnitude-of-benefit threshold (whatever it is)?

Both. Too often in the last 7 or so years of being involved in
specifications have I seen someone think he was making an editorial change
when in fact he was making a fundamental change to the meaning of the
spec. Every editorial change looks innocent and harmless, but the more you
make, the more likely you are to break something.