[whatwg] Re: several messages

From: Dylan Schiemann <list4@dylanmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:02:23 -0700

Ian Hickson wrote:

|>Otherwise are you suggesting that my apps can display only toolbars?
|>What if I have a lot of functions, menu bars are more efficient to chunk
|>large set of function than toolbars.
|

| I don't know what the solution is. What do Web applications with many
| features do these days?

We opened a chromeless window hiding the browser's native menu and added
our own menu.  Not ideal by any means, but we had lots of problems with
users selecting the wrong menu by accident when both were displayed, and
losing the state of the application.  Similar to the problem with using
tabbed browsing and closing the window rather than the tab.

- --
Dylan Schiemann
http://www.sitepen.com/
http://www.dylanschiemann.com/