[whatwg] Loading custom XML UI definitions from an external file

El mi?, 09-06-2004 a las 15:47, "Nelson Rodr?guez-Pe?a A." escribi?:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Jose Dinuncio wrote:
> > 'javascript=off' shouldn't be a concern in this list.
>
> I've been following this thread and I'm concerned about one issue:
> what about accessibility? are we all aware that this is a legal (if not
> ethical) requirement for a lot of sites/countries? I'm pretty sure a Web
> App is digital content, and as such it should be accessible for it to be
> accepted in government environments. I'm referring particularly to this:
>
> <quote>
> 6.3 Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets, or other
> programmatic objects are turned off or not supported. If this is not
> possible, provide equivalent information on an alternative accessible
> page. [Priority 1]
> </quote>
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#tech-scripts
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT-TECHS/#tech-scripts
>
> I'm not trying to put an obstacle, I just think this is something to be
> considered.

Yes, but the point is that web apps are not/won't be web pages. They
have things in common: both should be runned/downloaded by a browser
using http and encoded with XML/HTML, but the later is inteded to
display content and the former to process it.

Of course, there is a legal concern there that I can't handle. But in
the end, it's unthinkable a law that say: "if you develop an app in
language X it should be run without an interpreter/compiler of language
X".

It must be forgeted the circumstantial relation between web apps and web
pages. There are web apps developed using web pages just because this
was the only way to do it. Let's give a better way to make web apps and
they'll become a wold apart.

--
Jose Dinuncio <jdinunci at uc.edu.ve>
Universidad de Carabobo