[whatwg] LABEL and radio/checkbox onclick

On 22 Jul, 2004, at 9:23 PM, Sander wrote:
> Can I assume your suggestion is solely to make labels non-clickable,
> rather than to prevent automatic focus-shifting from labels to non
> checkbox/radiobutton controls? The latter would break accessibility on
> pretty much all CMSs I've created within the last two years. For l10n
> purposes, I always bind the accesskey to the label rather than to the
> associated input element itself, pretty much as is shown in this
> example in the HTML specs -
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#access-keys

Sure, that would be a third use for <label> (after identifying
controls, and allowing consistent styling of labels). That said, if
you're using <accesskey> you've got bigger accessibility problems than
anything to do with focus-shifting.
<http://wats.ca/resources/accesskeysandkeystrokes/38>

--
Matthew Thomas