[whatwg] Re: OT: XHTML as text/html

From: Pete Harlow <peter.harlow@thales-transportservices.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:01:13 +0200

fantasai wrote:
> Pete Harlow wrote:
>

>> Another for the record:
>>
>> I wrote www.catnip.co.uk in validated XHTML 1.0 served text/html, and
>> as far as I know it renders OK in most browsers. I had more trouble
>> with CSS breaking NS4.
>

> Read http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml
>
> (You should know that "renders ok in most browsers" != "is correct markup"
> already.)

Oh, but only too true. I said validated XHTML, as in the w3c's
validator. It was getting it to validate, and also render ok in most
browsers, that was the PITA. I wouldn't post anything that didn't go
through the w3c's validator - now whether *that* is sound policy...

Regards,

Pete.

--

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,