[whatwg] (no subject)

From: Malcolm Rowe <malcolm-what@farside.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:55:57 +0100
Ian,

"The required attribute applies to all form controls except controls with
the type hidden, image inputs, buttons, and select, fieldset, and output
elements. It can be used on controls with the readonly attribute set; this
may be useful in scripted environments. For disabled controls, the attribute
has no effect."
 -- http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#required

However, at http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#summary, the
only controls that can have the 'required' attribute are: text, password,
file, datetime, datetime-local, date, month, week, time, number, range,
email, uri.

* 'checkbox' and 'radio' should definitely be marked as 'Yes' in the table.

I also think that the original paragraph should be clarified; I had trouble
understanding whether 'buttons' in the original text referred to
'button-like controls' or 'the <button> control' (does 'move-up' need to be
implemented as a 'button'?).

Would it be easier to make it an inclusive list?

Regards,
Malcolm