[whatwg] SGML declaration

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:33:35 +0200
Jim Ley wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:34:14 +0200, fantasai
> <fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net> wrote:
>
>>I hafta say I definitely have plans to make changes.
>
> On this forum yesterday Ian Hickson (presumably reflecting consensus
> of the list) that any VALID HTML 4.01 document would also be valid WF2
> document (ie HTML4.01 is a strict subset of WF2)  that rather limits
> how many SGML declaration changes you can make.

The one backwards-incompatible change I'm considering is changing the
NET delimiter the same way XML does so that
   <foo/>content/
does not get interpreted as
   <foo>&lt;content</foo>
or
   <foo></foo>&lt;content/
(depending on whether foo is an empty element or not)
by true SGML parsers.

> Also how much investigation have you done with support of [  ] in ID's
> in existing legacy UA's ?

Me personally? None. I'll note, however, that most legacy UA's don't
support IDs at all.

~fantasai

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact