[whatwg] SGML declaration

Ian Hickson wrote:

>>>Also, Web Forms 2 doesn't change HTML, it merely extends it
>>
>>So there'll be no changes to the SGML declaration, and we'll still get
>>to use SHORTTAG and stuff?
>
> I have no intention of going near the SGML declaration. Maybe fantasai has
> more specific thoughts on the matter, though. Fantasai?

Having looked a bit more carefully at the SGML declaration,
I hafta say I definitely have plans to make changes. I can
make brackets valid in IDs for you, isn't that just *spiffy*? :D
(HTML4 itself adds : and _ to the list, in case you were wondering.)

As for SHORTTAG, it's not going anywhere. It's needed for
dropping quotes and default values and attribute minimization.

~fantasai

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact