[whatwg] some issues

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:56:21 -0400, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
>  Who's to say it wasn't a consensus between the WHAT WG
> members? Ian
> already stated that WHAT WG materials don't have to be the
> result of a consensus between contributers.

No, but it's key to the WHAT WG that it is an open process, so however
it's done, it would be done in public (so at the very least there'd be
a post on the list.)

>    Ian has already stated that he doesn't believe in those profiles.

What?  He's doing an XML profile - it's called XHTML.  You seem to be
misunderstanding what I mean by profile in this context.

WebForms 2.0 has 2 profiles, one in SGML (well not really, one in a
non-SGML way without the SGML, or indeed any SGML rules) and one in
XML.

> B) Dean Edwards has an XML styling method that
> allows XHTML documents to display on IE using
> the correct MIME type.

And I have a method that allows simply by a registry tweak, but I
don't see that really makes any difference to the point in hand.

Jim.