[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:33:03 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> >
> > Not that I don't see the ability to say I'm expecting a date here is a
> > bad thing, I just don't particularly see that that is associated with a
> > particular rendering is a good thing, nor is the case proven that there
> > are use cases for it on the web.
>
> It isn't associated with a particular rendering, so your concern here is
> already addressed by the spec. Horrah!

Nope, because that explicitly does not answer my problem, please can
you check back in the thread and note the particular points raised,
there are others, but the most important two are:

How to provide legacy clients with appropriate information without
confusing WF2 clients.

How to suggest the appearance of the widgets by the author (who is in
the best position to know the task involved).

Jim.