[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Ian Hickson wrote:

>>>Disagree.
>>
>>To me it expands as:
>>
>>>(1) authors with limited knowledge about XML ...
>>>but who are also
>>>(2) authors with familiar with commonly used languages ...
>>
>>and the latter doesn't make sense. But I can't explain why "with"
>>attaches itself to "authors" so tightly. Oh well.
>
> For me it expands to:
>
>  *   Ease of authoring for authors
>       (a) with limited knowledge about XML, data
>           models, etc,
>      but
>       (b) familiar with commonly used languages
>           such as HTML and ECMAScript.
>
> ...which makes sense to me...

Technically correct, I think, but it is a bit awkward
because the "who are" is implied in the second bit but
not the first.

Does

  Ease of authoring for authors who are familiar with
  commonly used languages such as HTML and ECMAScript
  but have limited knowledge about XML, data models, etc.

satisfy both of you?

~fantasai

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact