[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:00:14 +0100
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:52:57 +0200, fantasai
<fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Jim Ley wrote:
> >
> > picking my birthday and picking the date I'm going to fly to japan are
> > different tasks, that need to evaluated differently.  So yes we need
> > consistency within those two tasks, but I don't see that consistency
> > between them is obvious.
> To quote:
>  | http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/sample-datetime-ui-1
>  | combined with a button on the side that pops up a calendar like the one
>  | on http://continental.com/

Screen shots are never easy to tell how interactions work, the basic
control may be okay if it was appropriately regionalise (I don't enter
my birthday in YYYY-MM-DD format, I need to just type it as I write it
on forms in my country, it's how my mind works for my birthday.  So
that could work (althought I'm a little unsure about the highlighting
there)

The popup I have other problems with, I find popups extremely
problematical to use, and so would like a way to suggest the open one
is available as the primary input method instead - like the wordpress
calendar blog selector.

(oh and how do you access the open popup, if the first tab takes you
to that open button then I think I'll find it very annoying, and
completely break the expected behaviour of tabbing through forms.

So in conclusion, maybe if it can be configured enough.  As MPT says
though, I want the date to look the same at the beginning and end of
my flight :-)

Jim.