[whatwg] some issues

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:08:10 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

>> 3) Macromedia and Adobe have no interest supporting Web Forms because
>> they both have competing products (Flash and SVG).
>
> Yet, they're still rendering more web documents and applications every
> day than the three browser vendors in the WHAT WG.  Maybe they should
> try and get some of their input?

Without wanting to put words in their mouths, what I've heard from Adobe
is that they consider the future to be based on SVG, and think that HTML
is obsolete. Last I heard, they did not consider any of the WHATWG stuff
to be worth their deeper study.

I could of course be wrong.

As far as Macromedia goes, I haven't heard anything from anyone. They did
not even attend the W3C Workshop on Web Applications, as far as I can see.

If you have any suggestions on how to solicit input from either Adobe or
Macromedia, I would be more than willing to try.