[whatwg] Combo Boxs, once again...

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:59:31 -0400
Ian Hickson wrote:
> If <ignore> is like <center>, then IMHO ignore="" is like align="".
>
> I don't really see it as being much better.

    Ignore is not the same as "display: none". The contents of form
elements that are "ignored" are not submitted, and scripting that is
"ignored" is not executed. The tag if for both presentational AND
functional suppression. It also has a semantic meaning, which is that
the contents should be ignored. In fact, the UA could theoretically
render the contents of an <ignore> element as inactive rather than
invisible.