[whatwg] some issues

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
>>  Does a private email to Ian by one of the members saying "the latest
>> draft looks fine" rise to the level of being a closed process?
>
> It's irrelevant to the process, the communication is defined only
> through this mailing list, if a member wishes to express their support
> it has to go through the list for Ian to take any notice (that's the
> defined process, I've already said I think this is silly, but that's
> what's there.)

Actually it's not. The charter says "Working group contributors will
contribute to this activity through a publicly-archived and
open-subscription mailing list. The working group members should also
respond to queries from the public on this mailing list.", it doesn't say
that if someone contacts an editor directly the editor can't also take
that feedback into account.

I would, of course, much rather people sent feedback straight to the list
where it can get peer review, but if someone feels their feedback must be
kept anonymous or confidential, I'm not going to ignore them.

>> I've seen your comments, and for those that were rejected (not all of
>> them, BTW), I read a rational reason as to why they were rejected. For
>> example, your concern about the copyright of the draft was addressed
>> when Ian agreed to look into getting the draft put in public domain,
>
> Something we surely takes a couple of emails to the Opera management,
> and legal, hardly something that takes the 4 or so weeks since I've
> asked, any progress Ian?

Not yet; legal matters are unbelievably slow to resolve in my experience.