[whatwg] Comment on Forms 2.0: OPTGROUP Nesting

levik wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what the current behavior is as far as optgroups
> are concerned... I am guessing the optgroup labels are either "read"
> aloud, or skipped altogether. either way, nested groups would work the
> same way. newer readers could announce an optgroup by its label as a
> special choice leading to a sub-selection of choices.

    Yeah, I don't see what the problem is either. Existing vendors could
just extend their current approach to <optgroup> elements.

    Heck, I myself could right a script that looks for an <optgroup>
within an <optgroup> then takes it's children and puts them in the
parent <optgroup>, inserting spaces for indentation in the <option>
elements. You then just insert a disabled <option> to take the place of
the <optgroup> in the menu. Only thing you don't get is bold text, and
that you might be able to solve with styling.