[whatwg] Re: several messages

Ian Hickson wrote:
> I intend to say that the content model of the <datalist> element is the
> same as the content model of its parent...

   How do you intend to enforce such a rule within the DTD?  AFAIK,
there is no way to specify different content models based on the
elements parent.  Basically, for that to work, it would need to have the
same content model as <div>, which can contain almost anything, but then
there would no way to restrict the content when <datalist> appeared
within a <p>, for example.

--
Lachlan Hunt

http://www.lachy.id.au/