datetime input (was: Re: [whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 comments)

From: Sander <whatwg@juima.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:05:06 +0100
Quoting Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch>:
> <input type="week"> is even easier. :-)

But will confuse the user by including a specific year in whatever widget is
shown, while the usecase wants just "week of the year".
However, in another thread I just saw you mentionining the Web Controls 1.0
spec as defining a way to determine what users see, so if that will allow
me to specify "don't bother showing the user anything on this level of
specifity", then I can happily live with the input type still submitting a
year value. I need to do input validation anyway, so stripping away the
parts I don't want is no extra burden.

Sander