[whatwg] Wish: Restrict Image Size on Upload

From: MegaZone <megazone@megazone.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:28:10 -0500
Once upon a time what at keepthebyte.ch shaped the electrons to say...
> Compressing a compressed file > well, if the server requests it (the
> author of the form has chosen to use the compression) - then it would be
> that way.

What I'm thinking is that you may not know.  In some cases you can
upload files of multiple types - could be a document, could be an
image.  I would prefer the UA to be semi-intelligent and know better
than to try to compress a .zip, .gz, .gif, etc.  I'd see it as more of
an advisory, since it is optional anyway - "Compress this is you can,
and it makes sense."  Provide the best experience for the user.

-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/>  <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris