[whatwg] Working this summer

From: J. King <mtknight@dark-phantasy.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:26:55 -0500
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:35:08 -0500, Yan Morin <yansanmo at iquebec.com> wrote:

> I don't know how a client could be trick when you ask him to choose a
> file with a button that can always change between browser. Konqueror
> show an icon, firefox a text button (that could not be in the good
> language), lynx don't show any button.
> The file chooser window shouldn't be customizable, only the button and
> the text area since it is directly inside the view window area.

Typically users will only use one, maybe two agents.  They use many more
Web sites.  Already people using <input type="image"> as buttons yields
inconsistent form controls---there's no need to complicate matters further.

(a person could argue that since the damage has already been done we may
as well make it worse, but I wouldn't be such a person)

--
J. King
http://jking.dark-phantasy.com/