[whatwg] Any way to submit only those parts of a form that have changed?

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, dolphinling wrote:
>
>>I don't feel like doing a detailed readthrough of the spec again (though
>>I did glance at parts that looked relevant), but is there anything in
>>WF2 that allows only parts of a form that have changed from their
>>default value to be submitted?
>

> There isn't; what would the use case be?

Saving bandwidth and processing power.

Think of something like Bugzilla. Every time anything is changed or a
comment is added, the entire form is resent--but usually only one or two
things have changed. Not only does this use many times more bandwidth
than it needs, but at the server everything has to be compared to see
whether it's changed or not.