[whatwg] window.onerror

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:10:24 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Dean Edwards wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Olav Junker Kj?r wrote:
> >
> > > It would be nice to formalize window.onerror as part of WAML. It is widely
> > > supported (at least both IE and Mozilla has it) but not part of any
> > > standard
> > > as far as I know. I think it is important for the robustness of web apps.
> >
> > Is there any documentation that defines exactly what it is?
>
> http://devedge.netscape.com/library/manuals/2000/javascript/1.3/reference/handlers.html#1120097

Hmm, interesting. So window.onerror isn't an event handler at all, it's
just a reference to a function that takes three arguments, and returns
false or no value to specify that the error handling should continue as
normal, and returns true to indicate that error handling should be
stopped. Ok, added. Thanks for the reference.