[whatwg] Suggestion: Implementation of Tabbed Forms

On 27 Aug, 2004, at 2:42 PM, Matthew Raymond wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
>> I've run into several cases where I've needed this. For example,
>> writing a game application with four screens, all implemented in the
>> same HTML file: the login screen, the game "lobby" screen, the actual
>> game screen, and the results screen. Only one of those is to be
>> displayed at any one time.
>
>    That's _presentational_ mutual exclusion. I fail to see how that
> amounts to _semantic_ mutual exclusion.

Whoa, d?j? vu.
<http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2004-July/
001237.html> Perhaps it would be better if semantic mutual exclusion
and "Implementation of Tabbed Forms" were discussed in completely
different threads?

Anyway, HTML already has an element for semantic mutual exclusion:

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/