[whatwg] Seperation of Content and Interface

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:53:58 +0100
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:59:20 -0400, dolphinling
<dolphinling at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Jim Ley wrote:
>
> > Unlike browsers like Mozilla, IE's accept header is configurable,
> > (well mozilla you can of course recompile, but that's hardly
> > sustainable)
>
> network.http.accept.default is the pref in Mozilla to change the accept
> header.

Yep, sorry, it is now yes (thanks Henri for pointing it out in a
private mail), I'd obviously missed the announcement (which was a long
time ago) but previously I'd been requesting this feature in a bug
request, and it was rejected so I had assumed it had remained
rejected.

FireFox is much nicer now you turn off its application/xhtml+xml
accept header, lachy's site renders just as fast in mozilla as IE now
(although mozilla's progressive image rendering gives a poor
impression to me, but I think others prefer it.)

Cheers,

Jim.