[whatwg] Re: FormImplementation interface

From: Olav Junker Kjr <olav@olav.dk>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:23:40 +0200
Ian Hickson wrote:
>>If this is the case, why only allow POST and PUT as methods? Why not
>>allow GET and DELETE also?
>
> Why do you think only POST and PUT are allowed? Any method is allowed.

The spec says (section 7.13):

method (loadWithBody and loadWithDocument only)
     The method (e.g. for HTTP actions, 'POST', 'PUT') used to load the
URI. If a null value, or a value that is not one of post or put, is
passed to the method instead, the default value post is assumed.

This seems to indicate that only post and put is allowed, or am I
misreading it?

Olav Junker Kj?r