[whatwg] Autofocus attribute

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Brian Wilson wrote:

> I mean... Two form fields are in a document, one has the
> autofocus="autofocus" attribute set, the other is given focus by the
> focus() javascript method at body onLoad time. Which should have focus
> when the document finishes loading? In other words, how does/should the
> autofocus attribute figure in to the document loading event chain
> chronology?

The spec says "When a form control is inserted into a document, the UA
must check to see if it has this attribute set. If it does, and if the
control is not disabled, then the UA should focus the control, as if the
control's focus() method was invoked. (When multiple elements are
simultaneously inserted into the document, they must all perform this, in
document order.)".

Doesn't think answer the question?