[whatwg] Recent Website Changes...

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:10:30 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Matthew Raymond wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > > Is it me, or was the WHAT WG website recently attacked by a vicious pack
> > > of rabid lawyers? The nice "question mark" style graphics have been
> > > replaced with ugly green graphics. Did you get threatened by the legal
> > > counsel of question.com or something?
> >
> > The UK Consumer's Association (which.co.uk) contacted us and politely
> > pointed out the (quite accidental) similarities between our previous logo
> > and their long-standing logo.
>
>    Would one of the attached logos be appropriate?

The second one, the question-mark-in-circle, is pretty good (although it
should use the same green colour as the other images, namely #3c790a). Do
you have a version that has a more square "dot"? That one looks way too
wide to me. I hate changing logo yet again, but people don't seem to like
the equals-sign version, so...