[whatwg] Incremental rendering of forms

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:26:27 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> >
> > I've never seen a persuasive use case for the splitting of form elements
> > outside their form containers
>
> I have had repeated requests for this from Web authors, and received
> numerous notes praising the idea since publishing a draft with it in.
>
> That's persuasive for me.

But it's not USE CASES, c'mon if you want WHAT-WG to be taken
seriously, please act seriously and present Use Cases for your
features, don't just say "yeah loads of people asked for this and
people praised me"  firstly there's nothing around in public showing
either the praise or the requests, so whilst we can trust you, it's
not very serious.

Writing up Use Cases is also very useful, it's the only real way we
can see if the solution meets the needs.

So please, take some time, and write up some use-cases, or maybe some
other members of the WHAT-WG could do it - they don't seem to be doing
a whole lot.

Jim.