[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Ian Hickson wrote:
> As has been said from the very beginning, it must be possible to implement
> these features in HTCs. This isn't new. We've been saying it since even
> before WHATWG was announced, even.

What if a feature from WF2 is not implementable in IE6?

I'm concerned about file upload. I'm not sure its possible to upload
files in other ways than using the "native" form-submission, which is
always multipart/form-data and POST. This means that you cannot include
file upload in xml-encoding, or with PUT in any encoding, and you cannot
support single-file upload with arbitrary content-types.

I may be wrong though, since some people is able to make IE do the
impossible. In this case, however, it might be considered a security
problem if someone were able to tamper with file upload, and the we run
the risk of it being fixed in an update :-)

Olav Junker Kj?r