[whatwg] Re: Doctype FPI

From: Olav Junker Kjr <olav@olav.dk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:52:00 +0200
> I could definitely see benefits to providing a validator service, if it
> was clearly labelled as just doing very basic syntax checking.

It would be genuinely useful with an online HTML5 "lint", which checked
validity, but also higher level sanity, like javascript syntax, regular
expression wellformdness, and warned of valid but dubious code like
pattern="", min value larger than max, orphan repetition blocks, and so on.

An expressive schema langaguage could be used for checking validity.
Douglas Crockfords jslint http://www.crockford.com/javascript/lint.html
could probably be used for the javascript part.

Olav Junker Kj?r