[whatwg] Re: short comments (WF2), set I

Ian Hickson writes:
>>> The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT",
>> Do you want to add a note about capitalization (or lack thereof, rather)?
> Not really. Should we?

I think so. It is a little confusing.

Note that this is the same thing I raised in January on www-archive. There
you wrote:

"> # 1.3 Conformance requirements
> In RFC 2119, and many of the other documents that reference it, the key
> words ('MUST', etc.) are capitalised, while in this document, they are
> not. Append the sentence (from CSS 2.1): "However, for readability,
> these words do not appear in all uppercase letters in this specification."

I'll be marking up the RFC2119 terms at some point, styling them with
small caps in an alternate stylesheet or some such."
 -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Jan/0010.html

.. which I thought was a reasonable option.

Regards,
Malcolm