[whatwg] Textarea Wishlist

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 05:59:00PM +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
> All textareas should have built-in spelling checkers. I don't understand
> what an extra button should do, really.

Perhaps this has been clarified somewhere, but what do you mean by
"built-in"?

I (at least) want to use my $editor in the text area. And in my $editor
I have a shortcut F8 bound to spell check with aspell.

I might not be the typical use case, however I think it is appropriate
for editors to embed themselves in web forms to give the user their
editing environment, be it emacs or notepad.

Downside is that people would have to choose their editor. And the
default for some might suck.