Re: Removing WebVR from W3C

> On Jul 11, 2017, at 9:25 , Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to express my vote of no confidence against the W3C. I believe the organization is inherently biased towards pushing DRM (for whatever reason I don't care to speculate). I think the W3C has become an inappropriate place to host a standard such as WebVR. The DRM discussion is highly contentious and unproductive and distracts from the real challenges of WebVR. It is my desire to see this standard hosted by a truly impartial body.

One person has asked one question on this list about whether WebVR and protected media might work together, and from this you conclude inherent bias?

I cannot agree with you more on this, though: "The DRM discussion is highly contentious and unproductive”.

"Truly impartial" means that we don’t refuse to discuss technical matters that people want to discuss, by the way.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.