RE: Entertainment industry requirements for Web Standards

Hi Mark and all,

Here are some information regarding TV Control API:

TV Control API:

-          A CG was initiated based on gap analysis from the Media APIs TF of the Web and TV  IG.

-          TV Control API CG homepage for mission and goal: https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/

-          The Phase 1 Use Case Page: https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page/Technical_Use_Cases

-          The Phase 1 Technical Requirement Page: https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page/Technical_Requirement

-          TV Control API Technical Report to manage native TV modules   based on existing related API definitions: Webinos, Mozilla, HbbTV,  OIPF, etc.

-          TV Control API v.1.0 (CG Report): https://www.w3.org/2015/tvapi/

-          Now we are launching a WG and the draft WG Charter is under the AC review. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2016JanMar/0024.html

-          On the other hand, the CG continues its incubator work for v2.0   spec and has started the Phase 2 work based on the new use cases  including non-TV channels, serurity and privacy, in-car radio and  interactive application signaling.

-          The  Phase 2 work: https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page/Phase2_Technical_Use_Cases

-          New WG may have a f2f at TPAC 2016.

Thanks
Bin