Object.Observe

From: Ingar Mæhlum Arntzen <ingar.arntzen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:49:01 +0100
To: François Daoust <fd@w3.org>, public-webtiming@w3.org
Hi Francois and all.

I'm working with the timing provider interface and the spec currently
defines Object.Observe as the mechanism to monitor state changes of the
timing provider (i.e. skew, vector).

This post [1] though indicates that O.O does not have a particularly bright
future.

Do you know anything about this?

Also, I'm not sure if there was a specific reason why O.O was suggested in
the first place. For the first implementation (where both timing provider
and timing object are user objects) I'm thinking that a basic callback
mechanism should do. Would you agree?

[1] http://www.infoq.com/news/2015/11/object-observe-withdrawn

Ingar