Re: [timingobject] Timestamps and reference clocks

From: François Daoust via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 09:38:23 +0000
To: public-webtiming@w3.org
+1 for requiring the use of the High Resolution Time clock where
possible.

However, I confess I'm a bit at a loss when it comes to dropping the
`now()` function. If you drop the `now()` function, wouldn't the
timing provider's code need to adjust the parameters (e.g. velocity)
of the state vector on a regular basis to adjust the clock used by the
 online timing service with the local HR clock? In turn, that would
generate a number of fake (in the sense that they would not correspond
 to any real vector update) events.

I thought the goal was rather to expose the same state vector to all
clients, and let the user agent adjust its internal clock to that
imposed by the timing provider. What did I miss?

--
GitHub Notif of comment by tidoust
See