Dear Abhinav Bhattacharyya,

Again, thank you for expressing interest, thanks as well for rephrasing some of the questions, and thank you for your patience while we assembled the responses!

See below, please, for the text version.

> On 8 Nov 2019, at 19:52 , Generic Exchange <genericexchange@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Coralie,
>
> Good day. As a part of Generic Exchange (A Web-services and Technology Strategy- Consulting Firm), we've attached a copy of our questionnaire on behalf of the W3C Website Redesign- RFP process. Kindly provide your responses for the same.
>
> We would also like to mention that we have a Global Implementation Partner: Vartag ,who caters to our key Web Technology Delivery and Project Implementation road-maps globally. Moreover, we have a partnership with Chevaun, a quintessential : UX/UI Design and Digital Marketing Evangelist Firm.
>
> On a very lighter note: This request for proposal is like ‘God is turning to Humans for help’ 😊. But jokes apart its our duty to help the consortium.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you !
>

> Best regards,
>
> Abhinav Bhattacharyya
> Founder - GenericExchange
> We are an Ardent Provider of Management Consulting, Web Services , App Development and Technology Strategy
> <Questionnaire for W3C Website Redesign RFP.xlsx>

 • What would be the headcount of the in-house technology teams for W3C website?

W3C will provide around 1.5 Full-Time Equivalent from its Systems team for feedback on information architecture and handling of legacy content, back-end integration.

 • Whether firms from outside the host country can apply for this?

Yes.

 •  We would like to know if there is any fixed budget / cost in terms of the end to end delivery of this project?

No, there isn’t a fixed budget, but we expect proposals may reach USD 200K.

 •  As a part of the current design strategy, do you have an existing style guide/ Brand Strategy? Can we create our own, to bring in a revolutionary angle to the creative design of the solution?

We do have a style guide and brand strategy. Vendors should be allowed to propose changes.

 • Will there be a separate Run and Maintain Budget invocation for the Ongoing support and Post Production Maintenance Phase? If yes what would be the range for the same?

We would prefer if the post production cost were included in the proposal, but are open to additional proposals, pursuant to the "Maintenance and future collaboration” item listed under “Consulting” in the RFP.

 •  How many internal W3C Business Users (W3C staff) only, are going to use this Application and what are the machines they use, is it Laptop/Handhelds, Desktops for regular usage for daily work?

Potentially 60 or so, but more likely 40 or less.

 • How many UAT testers will be involved in the testing phase? Should it be similar to the head count mentioned in the RFP section for User Groups?

We do not have a particular recommendation; this should be part of the vendors' proposals.

 • Which project implementation strategy/approach would you prefer? Is the organization comfortable with Waterfall, Spiral, Iterative, or Agile methodology for delivery? Please choose one?

We do not have a particular preference.

 • Other than accessibility requirements, does the solution require any SOX/GDPR compliance for the American/EU region Data Privacy/Protection?

No, we are not relying on a vendor for that.

 • Is 99.8 % Availability with a Return To Operation of 6 Hours good for the W3C website Solution?

The question may not be pertinent since we will continue to host the website ourselves.

 • Should the new proposed CMS solution hold more than 5-year old Archival data for the website? Is there a requirement for Archival data after a designated time, to be made available for Purging?

Unlimited data versioning would be ideal.

 • How many business/end-users on an average (per day), will be using this CMS application? This information is required for the Load test to be done after the final build and pre go-live.

~60K. We use Matomo to gather usage stats and can make its dashboard available to the vendor working with.

 • What bug/defect tracking tool do you currently use as a part of your BAU (Business As Usual)?

We currently use several tools depending on projects:
- Github
- Gitlab
- homemade tracker

 • Which applications does the current W3C solution talk to? Can you provide a list or application/interfaces the new CMS solution will require integration with? Also please do highlight in the integration landscape/list on which all application has Inbound/Outbound connections with the proposed CMS solution?

Wordpress is used for the blog part of the website. It is also used to feed some data to our custom-made "CMS".
Mediawiki is used for the wiki part
Some pages are generated using Symfony framework.

It would be nice if the CMS provided a way to integrate data from various sources without requiring us to customize said sources.

 • Do you prefer Face-to-face Requirements gathering/scoping/Timeline discussions or remote sessions?

We don't have a strong preference as W3C staff and W3C work groups conduct most of their work in a distributed manner, but we recognize that face-to-face meetings afford faster progress.

 • Do you want Face-to-face Training for the end users?

No, probably not.

 • Can travel costs for Face-to-face training and requirement gathering workshops be included as a part of the proposal?

Yes, any travel cost estimates should be part of the itemized price quote.

 • Was there any Performance test/Performance engineering done for the existing solution? Is there any specific Performance Test requirements for the proposed new CMS solution?

No, not really. The new solution would need to perform as well or better than the current one. Matomo can provide some insight.

 • What are the current support tiers available with the existing CMS/bespoke solution with your implementation partner/IT organization?

Not applicable. We are using a custom CMS (see next question/answer) and do not have any implementation partner.

 • What was the level of customization done as a part of the existing solution? Is the current solution built on any CMS? If yes would you prefer suggestions for better/ comprehensive CMS solution?

Our current website relies on a solution developed in-house that aggregates HTML fragments coming from different sources (Wordpress, Symfony, manually maintained files, in-house tools, etc.).
Maintenance of this "CMS" is difficult, so we are looking for a replacement. Suggestions for a replacement are welcome.

Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org
mailto:coralie@w3.org +337 810 795 22 https://www.w3.org/People/Coralie/