Re: How to proceed? (Re: BG conference call (Re: TPAC2017))

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:12:53 +0100, Kiyoshi Tanaka (田中 清)
<tanaka.kiyoshi@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> So, I think the target browser could be extend to other than the signage
> but limited to the machine use.
> In such case, I want to know whether the W3C standardization allows the
> target browser except uses by human being.
> If possible, we could consider the APIs for the browser that is not
> supposed to be used by human.
> Does anyone know the policy?

W3C will standardise web technology that gets deployment.

In this case, there is no policy problem I can see, so long as specs
either clarify that the security model means something *should not* be
implemented in a "general use" browser - but then it is harder to show
that it is the right thing to standardise so you need to be extra clear
explaining the use cases and requirements, or they do things that will not
cause security problems in a general use browser - which seem the more
obvious path.

Cheers

Chaals

--