Re: Proposal of new requirements for the Web-based signage toward W3C standard

Dear Louay,

> I meant the Lifecycle of the Terminal User Agent (Or more precise the privilege service running in the background). For example what are the possible states of the User Agent like “Turned Off”, “Rebooting”, “Connected”, “Disconnected”, “Reconnecting”, etc. What happens when a user Agent is rebooted: it shows the last page before rebooting or a default page, etc. I am not sure if this is important for the draft. What do you think?

I understand. Your "lifecycle" seems to be one of contextual
information. Whether UA needs such complicated operation might depend on
the service that the signage provides. And, such discussion would be
done in a use-case study.
So, regarding the draft charter, I think it is already included in
"use-case study" word.

> Yes I think it better to address this point in the charter and the decision about potential solutions will be done later in the WG.

Thank you for your clarification!

> Just another question: The group is also addressing interactive Digital Signage (like those in shopping malls with touch screen)?

Do you have some special issue for interactive service of signage?

Though I'm not sure whether there was clear discussion in BG before,
I think the WG does not exclude the interactive issue.
However, it is difficult for a new group to study many things, so the WG
charter should include only basic deliverables at this moment, I think.

Best regards,
Kiyoshi
---
Kiyoshi Tanaka, Ph.D.