Re: Proposal of new requirements for the Web-based signage toward W3C standard

Dear Louay,

Thank you for your explanation.

> Exactly this is what I meant. It is good to have a common data format
> and vocabularies for interaction between Terminal and Management
> backend. JSON (or JSON-RPC) is a good candidate for data format.
> Vocabulary needs to be defined on top (Name of events, actions,
> properties, values, etc.). I think also lifecycle is important to discuss.

As I said, this would be a good discussion point.
I'll update the draft charter including the data format issue.

For the clarification, could you please give us the explanation of
"lifecycle"? (as Futomi requested)

[...]
>  From my point of view, I don’t think that these prompting functions are
> needed. The idea of Christian is to address these functions in the spec
> to make clear what happens when a page uses one of these functions. For
> example the spec could state that calling these functions will silently
> fail without showing any dialog. Even if prompting the dialog on other
> systems (like Operator backend) is possible, technically will raise some
> issues because all prompting functions are synchronous.

OK. I think this function is still interesting but not mature enough.
So, I want to leave it for further discussion. Is it alright? > all

If you have any additional/new comment, please tell me!

Best regards,
Kiyoshi
---
Kiyoshi Tanaka, Ph.D.