Re: SMIL in SVG

On 12 December 2012 16:59, Kai Hendry <hendry@webconverger.com> wrote:
> For example I was talking with a media agency today and hearing about
> their problems when they purchase inventory from DOOH media owners.
> The media owners often have to "convert" the media for their
> proprietary systems in different awkward time-consuming ways. Their
> media is usually pretty simple and I like to think a
> scalable/responsive Web design can solve this problem far more
> efficiently.

Reality check: after talking with some advertising folks, it seems
that I can't really argue the Web technologies makes it easier, since
advertising on the Web as it stands requires a lot of "conversion
work", e.g. : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_banner#Standard_sizes

Does anyone know of tools / methods that people use to generate
campaigns across different sized screens at present?

I'm aware of http://responsiveimages.org/ but it seems very early days yet.

In the advertising world, I'm thinking for traditional creative
agencies, it's going to be very hard to move away from "pixel perfect"
designs.

Kind regards,