Re: [Minutes] Second Screen WG F2F - TPAC 2017

Mark, all,

Le 17/11/2017 à 20:50, mark a. foltz a écrit :
> Thanks Francois!
>
> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org
> <mailto:fd@w3.org>> wrote:
[...]
>     The Second Screen WG charter expires at the end of the year. It
>     needs to be renewed. I copied a draft version of the current charter
>     to a dedicated repo on GitHub. I will adjust it over the coming days
>     based on discussions held during the F2F. Plan is to request a one
>     year extension. Feel free to suggest other updates by creating
>     issues or preparing pull requests:
>     - Rendered draft: https://w3c.github.io/secondscreen-charter/
>     <https://w3c.github.io/secondscreen-charter/>
>     - GitHub repo: https://github.com/w3c/secondscreen-charter/
>     <https://github.com/w3c/secondscreen-charter/>
>

> The following link can be used to diff the working draft of the new
> charter with the current charter.
>
> https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2014%2Fsecondscreen%2Fcharter-2016.html&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fsecondscreen-charter%2Findex.html
>
> Francois, do we have a target date to have a final draft ready for CfC?
> That would help me schedule internal review processes etc.

Here are the steps we need to go through:
1. Come up with a draft charter that people in the WG seem ok with
2. Get back to W3C Management for review and approval (~2 weeks)
3. Call the Advisory Committee for review (4 weeks)
4. Get back to W3C Management with results for approval (~1 week)
5. Re-charter the WG (~1 day)

I suppose you mean 1. here. Ideally, we'd be already done. More
realistically, we should send the CfC on Friday (with a deadline on
Friday next week) so that I can get back to W3C Management the week of 4
December.

I prepared a Pull Request on the new charter to capture adjustments we
discussed at the F2F:
https://github.com/w3c/secondscreen-charter/pull/1

Diff with existing charter is visible at:
https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2014%2Fsecondscreen%2Fcharter-2016.html&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Frawgit.com%2Ftidoust%2Fsecondscreen-charter%2Fupdates%2Findex.html

All, please have a look!

It is better to have consensus within the WG right away. But if you need
more time for internal review, note that it is perfectly fine to raise
comments on the proposed charter during the call for review period.

Thanks,
Francois.