Re: HbbTV 2.0 Specification Announcement

On 2015-02-25 13:17, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
> Hi All, Francois,
>
>> On 25 Feb 2015, at 13:42, Bassbouss, Louay <louay.bassbouss@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> I donĀ“t know why Launching Broadcast Independent Applications from Companion Screens using only the URL of the HTML document is no supported L.
>
> Louay - thanks for the clarification.
>
> Based on your explanation, it seems the HbbTV specification does not allow web content from an arbitrary URL to be presented on a second screen (or Companion Screen in HbbTV's parlance), and as such, does not motivate changes to the Presentation API.
>
> Louay - do you know if a future version of the HbbTV spec is planned, and whether it would be reasonable to expect such a feature to be in scope for the spec in the future?
>
> W3C has a formal liaison relationship with HbbTV [1], should the group prefer to convey feedback to HbbTV formally. Francois can probably briefly outline the process.

The process greatly depends on the organization. The usual issue when
exchanging messages with external organizations is that they may not be
working at the same confidentiality level. Typically, this group
operates in public while HbbTV does not, which means that, depending on
the contents of the messages being exchanged, we may need to create a
member-only list for this group. Nothing too complex, that can be done
if the need arises. The Web and TV IG has been exchanging with HbbTV in
the past (e.g. about testing).

Apart from that, sending a message is basically a matter of sending an
email to the point of contact in the liaisons table, cc-ing
team-liaisons@w3.org to keep the relevant team at W3C informed.

HbbTV would definitely be a good target for the Presentation API, and
inclusion should not be too complex as already pointed out. I have
started to discuss that possibility with a couple of HbbTV Members but
it is a good idea to send a formal message to the HbbTV Association that
mentions our work on the Presentation API spec and asks whether there
are additional requirements that would make it easy for them to include
it in a future version of the HbbTV spec.

Francois.