Re: Define return value for cancelled/missing session for startSession/joinSession (#20)

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Kostiainen, Anssi <
anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Anton,
>
> On 15 Sep 2014, at 20:49, Anton Vayvod <avayvod@google.com> wrote:
>
> > We don't need to distinguish between when the user explicitly dismissed
> the dialog or simply ignores it,
>
> Right. From the web content perspective the end result is the same (no
> access granted) whether the user actively dismisses the dialog or just
> ignores it. No need to let the web content know the reason.
>
> This is aligned with the principle of data minimization [1].
>
> > but probably need to distinguish between when there was nothing selected
> and something was selected but we couldn't connect.
>
> I’d say nothing selected is analogous to dismiss or ignore. If you choose
> no screen, you are practically dismissing the dialog, right?

Right, I used "nothing selected" as another way to phrase
"dismissed/ignored".

> If we can figure out we cannot connect to a particular screen before
> starting the session, I’d say it is a similar scenario, since technically
> there’s no screen if one cannot connect to it.

So in all cases the promise would become rejected without specifying the
reason, right?