Re: Google/Mozilla Presentation API update

On 2014-09-04 09:49, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
> Hi MarkFo, +Francois,
>
> On 04 Sep 2014, at 01:58, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:
[...]
>> My assumption is that the majority of these issues would carry over to the WG as well.   If you anticipate a different workflow (i.e. will we move away from GitHub for issue tracking and change management) then we can deal with it then, but a heads up would be appreciated.
>
> I’d like to see also the WG use the tools that make it the most productive. The W3C Process is fairly flexible in terms of tooling and workflow the WGs may use. I see no reasons why we couldn't continue to use the same tools and the workflow (Francois, please correct me if you identify issues).

I don't see any reason not to use the same tools either and the proposed
workflow sounds good to me.

One exception though: the WG will have a different mailing-list. WG
discussions will have to transition to the WG mailing-list once it is
created (and *if* it is created, did I mention already that those who
haven't done so yet should get in touch with their AC rep to submit a
review by end of next week?). That mailing-list will appear in the
chapter and is the mailing-list that all participants will be
automatically subscribed to when they join the WG.

In particular, WG decisions and possible calls for consensus should be
recorded there to ensure all WG participants see them. How we coordinate
between the two mailing-lists on top of that is entirely up to us.

> [On a related note, there’s also the W3C Tracker <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/> which has some pretty nifty features such as IRC and email interfaces, but sadly no GH integration. It may be useful for tracking actions assigned to people though, but we can cross that bridge when we get there.]

Yes, it all depends on how people want to work, but Tracker makes it
easy to create issues, action people for each of them and track progress
afterwards.

Francois.