Re: [draft charter] Changes to Dependencies and Liaison section

Hi Francois, All,

On 28 May 2014, at 09:45, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While you discuss the exact scope of this working group to be, I thought I'd try to advance less problematic sections of the draft charter. I completed the dependencies and liaison section and just sent in a pull request with proposed changes:
>
>  https://github.com/webscreens/charter/pull/5

Francois - looks great, thanks! I merged your PR as I think it makes it easier for people to review the changes in context.

All - please review the updated WG charter proposal "4. Dependencies and Liaisons” section:

  http://webscreens.github.io/charter/#coordination

> The goal of the Dependencies and Liaison section is to explicit dependencies, formal and informal liaisons with existing groups within W3C and with external bodies that develop related technologies. Regardless of the group's final decision on protocols, it seems important to list main external bodies that work on protocols that implementors could support.
>
> The initial draft charter has the SysApps WG as internal group to liaise with. I didn't see why and dropped it. What did i miss? :)

The approach I took in drafting the list of liaisons was to include every group that could potentially have relevance. After re-evaluating this, knowing that the SysApps group is in process of being rechartered, I think we should not include a formal liaison at this time. That said, I guess nothing prevents us from liaising with SysApps in the future should the group wish to do so.

So, I think we did not miss anything :)

> I let you review and apply or discard the changes as needed. Although I tried to review all the discussions the group had so far, it's not the same thing as being part of these discussions from the ground up, so I may well have missed a few key points.

You did a great job, I have no single nit. Thanks for helping us move forward with chartering by providing concrete input!

Thanks,

-Anssi