Re: Draft of Second Screen Presentation Working Group Charter available (was: Heads-Up: Plan for Working Group on Second Screen Presentation)

Hi Dominik,

MarkS said it as well as I could.

Regarding NSD, we seem to agree this is inappropriate for the open web - or
at least unlikely to be implemented in that context. But the use-case we
are discussing is certainly appropriate for the open web, so a different
API is needed.

I didn't understand your comment about this use-case being out of scope for
the proposed Working Group: the scope of a Working Group is defined by its
charter, which is exactly what we are discussing now. Unless there is some
'meta-scope' I'm unaware of. I'm not proposing a new use-case after all -
just asking that a likely UA implementation of the 'flinging' use-case be
supported by the API.

...Mark

Sent from my iPhone