Re: Requesting display of non HTML content (was: Draft of Second Screen Presentation Working Group Charter available)

Hi Louay, All,

On 16 Jun 2014, at 14:59, Bassbouss, Louay <louay.bassbouss@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> [...]

[...]

> Agree to start with simple primitives first.

I also support this approach. It is aligned with the Extensible Web design principles [1], and also my recent findings from the requestShowMedia.js experiment [2,3] provide further supporting data points.

To recap, once we spec the simple primitives and browsers implement them (often, the smaller the feature, the faster the adoption) we can, together with the wider web developer community, build JavaScript libraries on top to experiment and iterate on new ideas pre-standardization, and bring the best of these ideas to the standards track.

For example, the requestShowMedia.js is an experimental implementation of the ideas discussed at [4].

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1] http://extensiblewebmanifesto.org/
[2] https://github.com/webscreens/requestshowmedia