Re: New Proposal now up for Discussion on the Wiki

> On 07 Feb 2014, at 13:56, Bassbouss, Louay <louay.bassbouss@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>
>> From: Anton Vayvod [mailto:avayvod@google.com]
>>
>> Overall, it seems like the API would allow the multiple screen use case as it is with some effort from the user and the developers. Do you think we need to add something to the spec at this point? Personally, I'd rather focus on a single screen cases to limit the scope of problems we are trying to solve. We could enhance the spec later on for multiple screen case by providing things like broadcast messaging (since "next slide" or "select country X" should go to both screens) or filtering the devices requested already for presenting some other content.
>
> Agree with you we don´t need to add something to the spec at this point.  broadcast messaging can be realized as multiple unicast channels  between controller and each display at the moment.

It sounds like we’re reaching consensus on this issue:

We seem to agree the user grants access to a single screen at the time. Once we solve this problem, we can of course expand. We refined the use case a bit as per our discussion on the list. Please review, and let us know if we’re aligned in our thinking:

  https://www.w3.org/community/webscreens/wiki/API_Discussion#New:_Media_Flinging_to_Multiple_Screens

[I also feel broadcast messaging (BroadcastChannel as specified, or something derived from it) would probably be a good primitive to use to simplify the implementation of the multiple screens use case Louay described. We should keep this in mind. Btw. thanks for the nicely illustrated use case Louay!]

Thanks,

-Anssi